As a trainer and a pilates instructor for over a decade, I have seen a lot of squat variations. My favorite squat exercise for pregnancy and new moms is without a doubt the SUMO SQUAT. You can perform the sumo squat without bending and putting additional strain on your lower back, something all women need to be thinking about!
- Target Muscles: Glutes, Inner thighs, Hips, Core
- Start in the stand position with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width and your toes pointed slightly outside
- Keeping your heels flat and your shoulders back, lower yourself down towards the ground as far as you feel comfortable
- Pushing through your heels, return to starting position
- Repeat 3 sets of 10-15 repetitions for maximal results!