Matriarc respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
This privacy notice informs you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website matriarcapp.com or use our mobile application (app) and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Kor LLC, trading as Matriarc (703-609-1891) is the controller responsible for your personal data (referred to as “Matriarc”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
PERSONAL DATA SUPERVISOR
We have appointed a personal data supervisor who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the personal data supervisor using the following details.
For those data subjects located elsewhere:
Name: Laura Arndt
Email address: email@example.com
Questions / Concerns
If you are a data subject in the European Union, you also have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority. Matriarc designates the UK supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
If you are a data subject elsewhere and you believe that our website or app is not following our policy, you may contact us at the above address, or state or local chapters of the Better Business Bureau.
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Matriarc does not offer its services or promote its website or app to, nor does it intentionally collect or retain personal data from children who are younger than 18 years of age.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- Third parties. We may receive your Identity and Contact Data from third parties, such as Facebook.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, which of the legal bases we rely on to do so and the retention period for such personal data. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Type of data
|Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
|3||To register for an account with us or interact with our services.
|(a) Identity Data
(b) Contact Data
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business)
|Up to 3.5 years after your last use the app
|2||To communicate with you for the purpose of marketing.
|(a) Identity data.
(b) Contact data.
(c) Marketing data
|The consent of the data subject||Up to 3.5 years after your last use the app
|3||To understand how you use our website and app.||(a) Technical Data
(b) Usage Data
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our website and app updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).||Up to 3.5 years after your last use the app
|4||Notifying you about changes to our privacy notice
|(a) Identity Data
(b) Contact Data
|(a) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|Up to 3.5 years after your last use the app
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract with you and you do not provide personal data when requested, we may not be able to continue the contract we have with you. In this case, we may have to cease to provide you with our products or services.
MAINTAINING PERSONAL DATA
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are set out in the table above.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the following external third parties.
|External third parties
|To sponsors or partners of Matriarc.
|To provide you with information which you have requested from the sponsor or partner.
|Our information technology providers.
|To provide the website and app.|
|Our auditors and legal advisors.
|To receive financial, tax and legal advice.|
|Inland revenue service.||Financial and tax reporting.
|Third parties to whom we sell parts of our business or our assets.
|To facilitate the sale of parts of the business.|
|Third party businesses who we acquire.||To facilitate the acquisition and integration of those third party businesses.
|Third party pursuant to a court order or other legal process.||To comply with our legal obligations.|
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of activities/purposes 1, 3 or 4 above.
Matriarc is located outside the European Union. We rely on your consent to do so.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. For example, when you enter sensitive and/or personally-identifying Information on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that Information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, the personal data supervisor.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on the website and app.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. We may link the information we store in cookies to your personal data in order to provide a faster and more pleasant online experience.
You do not need to have cookies turned on to use the website or app. If you reject cookies, you may still use our website and app, but your ability to use some areas of the website and app will be limited.
We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the website and app. In particular we use session cookies to record session information, such as which web pages a user has visited, and to track user activity on the website and app. We also use session cookies to store any passwords used on the website and app (such as a password associated with a user account), so you do not have to enter it more than once per session. Session cookies expire when you close your browser or you close the Application.
We use persistent cookies to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our website and app. Persistent cookies remain on your device for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your browser’s “help” file.
Analytical Information and Anonymized Data
For each visitor to, or user of, our website and app, we may automatically gather certain information and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may collect and store this information on an individual basis and in aggregate, or combined, form. We may also collect both user-specific and aggregate information on what pages visitors’ access or visit. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the website and app, to track users’ movements around the website and app, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We also use this information to improve the content of our web pages, and to customize the content and layout of our pages. All of this is done with the intention of making our website and app more useful to users. We do not correlate this information with data about individual users.
We do not divulge any information about an individual user to a third party unless it is in connection with Matriarc services.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This privacy notice applies only to information collected by our website or app.
From time to time, the website or app may link you to other sites or applications (“Linked Sites”) that are not owned by Matriarc. We do not control the collection or use of any information, including personally-identifying Information, which occurs during your visit to the Linked Sites. Further, we make no representations about the privacy policies or practices of the Linked Sites, and Matriarc is not responsible for the privacy practices of these Linked Sites.
Be careful of disclosing any of your personally identifiable Information when leaving our website and app. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and app and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable Information.